NEW! Shaw Private Camera Registration
Please click the image above if you wish to register your private camera(s) with the Shaw Neighborhood Ownership Model (Shaw NOM). Participation is voluntary and more details on usage is included on the form. Thank you for helping to improve public safety in our neighborhood.
Private camera ownership is increasing in Shaw. Footage from private cameras is becoming increasingly valuable and the quality of cameras is improving year after year. Your private camera has the ability to not only help provide additional security for your home, but also has the ability to help fellow neighbors that become victims of crime. In fact, it was a neighbor’s camera footage that was used to identify a Shaw burglar in 2018. In this case, the suspect was clearly visible, and his face was shared throughout St. Louis. This collaboration between neighbors and pro-active citizens resulted in an arrest. The suspect’s home was searched, and police discovered multiple stolen items from numerous burglaries. This arrest would have been difficult if the victims’ next door neighbor was unwilling to share the video, or if the camera was unknown to the victims and police.
St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department
- Visit their website at http://www.slmpd.org/
- South Patrol Division (Districts 1,2) 314-444-0100
- Emergencies call 911
- Non-emergencies that require police assistance call 314-231-1212
- Anonymous tips call Crimestoppers at 1-866-371-TIPS
- Animal Abuse/Stray Rescue call 314-771-6121, ext. 232
- Domestic Abuse call 314-444-5385
- To report on-going drug or gang activity, you can contact the Secret Witness Hotline at 314-241-2677 or the SLMPD gang hotline at 314-444-5775
- If you suspect that a child is being abused, you should call the police at 314-444-5385. You can also call the 24-hour Missouri Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-392-3738.
- The SLMPD mobile app is free to download on the iOS AppStore and Google Play Marketplace, and offer an alternative way to reporting crimes
Circuit Attorney’s Office
- Visit their website at http://www.circuitattorney.org/ or call (314) 622-4941
- To learn about protecting yourself from fraud and scams, contact the Circuit Attorney’s Office Fraud Prevention Taskforce at 314-612-1411.
Citizens’ Service Bureau (CSB)
- The CSB’s purpose is to effectively and efficiently register and route city service requests, answer citizen requests for information, and provide City departments with statistics as needed.
- Report an issue by phone by calling 314-622-4800
- Report through Twitter @stlcsb
- Other reporting options and additional information can be found at https://bit.ly/1yw0ddg
Neighborhood Improvement Specialist
- The Neighborhood Stabilization Team serves as a catalyst for bringing together the Police, elected officials, governmental agencies, social service organizations, community groups and individuals to identify permanent solutions to on-going problems. Their staff of 28 Neighborhood Improvement Specialists serve the entire city
- Neighborhood Improvement Specialist, 8th ward: Specialist Keith Minor at (314) 657-1378 or email email@example.com; Supervisor Sandy Colvin at (314) 657-1357 or email using their website link at https://bit.ly/2FTBYTP
Alderwoman 8th Ward – Annie Rice
- (314) 622-3287 or email using the website link at https://bit.ly/2MumBTq
Mayor – Lyda Krewson
- (314) 622-3201 or email using the website link at https://bit.ly/2t2L8Ec
Director, Department of Public Safety – Jimmie Edwards
- (314) 622-3391 or email using the website link at https://bit.ly/2FFyaqh
Our Neighborhood Ownership Model Partners
- Tower Grove Heights NOM – Facebook page https://bit.ly/2HsECTf